LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rocket Hardware-in-the-loop testing with MyRio

Hi,

Myself and a few others are trying to build a hardware in the loop tester using LabView 2013 for MyRio to simulate a rocket launch. We are programming a drag modulation system that can actively alter the rockets drag in order to reach a precise altitude of 5,280 ft. Our sensors include the BNO055 IMU to sense accelerations and the BMP 183 pressure sensor to determine altitude. Both sensors use I2C serial communication to communicate with our arduino microcontroller. We are stuck on how to generate the I2C waveform from a MyRio to the Arduino to simulate the accelerometer and pressure sensor. I've attached our rocket simulator, and can use all the help we can get.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,514 Views)

Hi jaybee,

Are you stuck on how to generate an I2C signal in general, or how to simulate your specific waveform? If it's the former, I believe there's an Express VI to generate signals from the myRIO. Which device is the Master and which is the Slave in your situation? I think myRIOs are limited to being Masters.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/373925A-01/myrioreference/myrioref_exp_i2c/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,431 Views)