LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robotics

I'm using the Robotics Starter Kit 2.0.

In terms of navigation, all I have currently is the ultrasonic sensor and encoders.

I was hoping to have mapping included. I have found a dead reckoning code and can use it to track my location.

I was hoping to use the ultrasonic sensors to form a map.

I have noticed people using Monte Carlo localization. In the robotics module there seems to be certain amount of path planning available.

I need to be able to tell the robot to keep a certain distance from the wall, which I am currently having trouble with. The robot will go around an N-shaped maze.

Could I get some advice on how to go about this with regards to mapping as I am very new to Labview.

Thanks,

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,522 Views)

Try the obstacle avoidance example that comes with the Robotics Module. It is pretty effective at keeping away from walls. What you need to do next is bias the obstacle avoidance towards your goal. I think there is an example with path planning as well as obstacle avoidance.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,513 Views)

Hi Kanath,

Thanks for you reply. The path planning code you were talking about is it the one already in the Avoiding Obstacles/ Roaming code provided with the robot?

Do you know about mapping using the Robotics starter kit by any chance?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,495 Views)

Take a look at "Simulated Mechanum Robot". It runs VFH to avoid obsctacles as well as path planning.

Building a map with just the ultrasonic sensors is going to be tough because of the noise inherent in an ultrasonic sensor as well as in your position estimate with dead reckoning on encoders alone.

You can look at an example at https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-13031 which builds a map. But it uses localization data from an overhead camera to "simulate GPS".

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,481 Views)