From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right-click, select VI not working

Solved!
Go to solution

This happens to me now and then in Labview 2009. I find re-booting my PC fixes the problem quite nicely.

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(2,676 Views)

I am having the same problem and I use the same workaround (drag & drop using the project explorer works fine).   But if I select a VI through right-click, Select a VI, it results in nothing being added to the block diagram.   I see the same issue with LV2014 beta so my hunch is this is not a LabVIEW error but a problem with Windows 7.   I think others on this thread as well as a similar thread are using Windows 7.  In my case, I recently "upgraded" from Windows XP to VISTA and then to Windows 7.  I specifically upgraded rather than perform a clean install so that I could retain my installed applications.   I never saw the problem with XP, only when I completed the upgrade to Windows 7.    If anybody else has a solution to the "Right-click, select a VI not working", I would like to know.  

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(2,618 Views)

By the way, re-booting had no effect and I have never installed Ultramon.   I am using LabVIEW 8.6.1 FDS and I have Windows 7 Ultimate.   

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(2,609 Views)

Are you seeing the behaviour with LabVIEW 2014 beta or LabVIEW 8.6.1?  LabVIEW 8.6.1 isn't supported for Windows 7, which could be an indicator if you're running into issues with it.  For LabVIEW 2014 beta, I would direct you to post on the forum for LabVIEW beta.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(2,591 Views)

Very strange problem which crops up from time to time on my Labview 2009/XP system. The last time, re-booting did not fix it. This time removal of applications runnung in the system tray did the trick (teamviewer 9 to be precise). No idea why... Since it happens fairly frequently I developed a workaround. Use CNTR to drag and make a copy of another VI, and then use replace.

Message 15 of 21
(2,582 Views)

My problem with right-click not working is with LabVIEW 8.6.1 on Windows 7.  I was not aware that 8.6.1 was not supported on Windows 7.  Thanks for the heads up.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(2,580 Views)

I exited Team-Viewer and that solved the problem.  From the block diagram I can now Right-Click  "Select a VI..."  and navigate to a vi.   The selected VI shows up on the block diagram.  Thanks for the suggestion Andrew_Scott_SPCi.ca

Message 17 of 21
(2,575 Views)

I just found another instance where TeamViewer messed with my work flow by breaking super quick drop.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Super-Quick-Drop-Fails-Me/m-p/2834182#M828208

The solution there was just to turn off the QuickConnect button in the Advanced options.  I'm kinda curious to hear if that fixes your problem too.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(2,565 Views)

Hello Hooovahh,

Yes that solution solve my problem (click on the menu/button to the left of the window minimize button, click "Disable this feature", click "Disable the QuickConnect button...").  I did have to quit and restart LabVIEW 8.6.1 but now I can leave TeamViewer open and select a VI using the right-click method.    I have attached a Screen Shot of that QuickConnect menu for anyone else that has TeamViewer.  Thanks.

Message 19 of 21
(2,554 Views)

I also had the problem that i cannot insert a VI by browsing (Select a VI) but i could drag a VI from Explorer.

As suggested here, I closed TeamViewer, and problem solved!!

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(2,444 Views)