LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retriggerable analog input with two counters

Dear Community,

I have been trying to use retriggerable option for the data acquisition. my understanding of using two counters is not very clear.

What I want: Acquire data once every ten seconds.

After reading help online, here is the idea.

1. Use retriggerable option for the analog input using two onboard counters (PXI 6254)

2. One counter generates sample clock for analog input

3. Second counter generates the trigger (freq = 0.1 Hz) 

Attached figure is the screen shot of my program. The program gives errors but before that I am not sure whether my implementation is wrong or the idea is wrong . Is there any need for external connections or everything can be done internally? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,219 Views)

Please do not post pictures of your Block Diagram -- attach the actual VI so that we can see, for example, the Front Panel that will tell us what value you have set for Samples per Channel.

Can you describe more clearly what you want to do?  When you say "Acquire data once every 10 seconds", does that mean "Take one point every 10 seconds" or "Take 1000 points at 1KHz and do this once every 10 seconds"?  [Note the numbers "1000" and "1KHz" are guesses on my part, as I can't closely examine the code you didn't post].

I don't see any loops in the picture you posted.  What makes you think that more than a single "pass" through this code will happen?  Why should there be a "repetition every 10 seconds"?  [If you want something to repeat, you have to tell it to repeat, usually ...].

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,172 Views)

Dear Bob,

Thanks for you response. I agree with your criticism. There was nothing (except the samples per channel) on the front panel. I could get things going by doing the following (again attached as a picture). If there is any room for improvement, pls suggest..!. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,150 Views)

@akella wrote:

Dear Bob,

Thanks for you response. I agree with your criticism. There was nothing (except the samples per channel) on the front panel. I could get things going by doing the following (again attached as a picture). If there is any room for improvement, pls suggest..!. Thank you.

Yes, there is room for improvement.  I (politely, I hope) asked that you help us, the people you are asking to help you, by posting the VI instead of a picture of the Block Diagram.  You say "I agree with your criticism", and then completely ignore my request by posting another picture.  I conclude that you telling me that you don't really want my help, so I won't look at y your picture.  When you attach your VI, (that's the LabVIEW file that has the extension ".vi"), I'll be happy to take a look at it (as it will be easier for me to view using LabVIEW, I can poke around in it and test out elements of the code I don't understand, I can tell which version of LabVIEW you are using, etc.) and try to make other helpful comments.

Please do not refuse to provide me with the help I requested in order to help you (despite saying "I agree with your criticism").

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,141 Views)

OK Bob. Attached is the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,131 Views)

Sorry, the control values have disappeared after uploading the VI.

The physical channels are :PXI1Slot5/ai16:23, PXI1Slot5/ai0:7

The source is: OnboardClock

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,129 Views)