From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving data from TCP/IP in xml and displaying values?

Hey, I am using a program to retrieve data from a machine and outputting it in xml to the localhost.  On a seperate computer, I am trying to create a client application to read the xml data from that IP host and just output the important values instead of the whole script.  I am new to Labview and programming, has anyone written a program similar to what I am trying to accomplish?  I searched for it but couldn't quite find what I was looking for.  I really could use some help with trying to figure this out and appreciate any help or advice you could give me.   

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,201 Views)

Where did you search? There are examples that ship with LabVIEW that show you how to do client-server applications using TCP/IP. Did you try those? You would need to add the parsing of the data you receive (i.e., the XML).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,199 Views)

I search on this developer zone site.  Yes I saw the simple data client example and I saw the read data from an xml file example, but like I said, I am new to this.  Not sure how to put it all together.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,195 Views)