LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving JPEG from IP Camera

I have an IP camera that is wish to be used as a based time delay camera taking a still image every hour, and I have final code for this which seemed to be working well for a while, however this morning mid-way through a run the DataSocket simply stopped after 4 hours and stopped returning anything from the camera.

I'm leaning towards this being a camera issue, but on the off chance there is something that can be improved with my retrieval code or someone has some knowledge about datasockets that could either improve my code or help resolve the problem I thought I'd ask.

The attached snippet is the Datasocket retrieval method taken from some ancient code on the forums, when run I am generating a 1184 error, however it is possible to enter the exact same URL in a browser and navigate to the image.IP Cam JPG Grab.png

[EDIT] I forgot to mention that when navigating to the website the browser prompts for a password, but when I had the DataSocket working it never asked for a password at any stage. Is it possible to pass a password through a datasocket?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,270 Views)

Well I have found a way around the problem using some reasonably hacky code that is pretty much never going to be used again, but it does allow a fairly standard way of extracting an image from a SHDocVw.IWebBrowser2, which I havent been able to find elsewhere on these forums.

Any thoughts for improvements or an alternative would still be happily accepted but this is what I have for now.

Connect.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,250 Views)