LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retain the boolean color it had before

I want to create a tic-tac-toe app in labview. I made the app, but I'm having a problem. The problem I'm having is with the colors of the leds. I'm changing the color depending if you went first or second and so on. the thing is that when I press the second button every led changes to red except the first one, and I wish that just one led changes to red and the other one changes to green and so on.

Can someone please help me fix this in labview 2013, since that is the version I have.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,759 Views)

Hello Nando88,

I don't have LV 2013 on this computer so I can't see your code.  I just want to ask you if you saw this post:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Tic-Tac-Toe-Coding-Challenge/td-p/357519/page/19

Michel

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,748 Views)

I had not seen that post. But can someone still help me fix my problem, I'm trying to make this game just with leds.
Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,743 Views)

I think you should di a few LabVIEW tutorial first and the re-think your code. Why do you think you have to read the control via 9 seperate local variables? Remember you can branch the wire. All you need is the control terminal before the case structure and then do the rest. You can unbundle all elements with a single unbundle by name.

All you need is set the color of the element that has just changed. There is way too much duplicate code.

It would be much simpler of you would use a colorbox instead of LEDs. Now the color is the value and no property nodes are needed at all.

Another possibility would be to use picture rings. Have a look at my old code for some ideas.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,732 Views)