LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resourced is reserved with nothing else using it?

Hi, so I am getting an error when I try to run two VI at the same time off the same PCIe-6351 board which isn't the problem as I assume one board can only work with one VI at a time, the problem is when I combine the two VI into one VI I get Error -50103 with the words "NI Platform Services: The specified resource is reserved. The operation could not be completed as specified". This doesn't make any sense to me, as my program has every DAQ on a different channel. I have even tried moving things around. Any suggestions on to how to fix this problem would be much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,587 Views)

Can you post your code or a screenshot of it? If you're reading from multiple channels, you may need to combine them into a single task, since DAQ channels are not fully independent - they may share some resources on the board, even though they read separate values. I don't know about that specific board, but by way of example, some boards can only read a single analog input at a time and they switch between channels to read multiple channels. In that case, you can't configure two analog input readings independently.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,579 Views)
If you had done a search for this error, it would make a lot of sense. You simply cannot have more than one task for a specific hardware resource. It does not matter at all if you use one VI or many. Combine the channels into a single task.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,567 Views)