From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resistance (ratio) measurements on fluke 8508a - ratio measurement

Hi,

could you help me. I have fluke 8508a conected with labview aplication via GPIB. I need to measure resistance ration on it. My fluke has front and rear output where i can connect resistors and get ration, but i have problem with labview and fluke 8508a drivers because i don't have that option in my fluke 8508a driver. Someone told me to try to find driver for fluke 8508a/01 because it has scan option that's used for ratio measuremens.  Please someon help me with some advice how to make it work (ratio measurements).

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,027 Views)

Got a programmer's manual?  That should have the information you need.  If not, then you need to talk to the Fluke tech support to get the commands that you need to send.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 8
(3,020 Views)

Do you know someone who had same problem?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,017 Views)

@Nenoo wrote:

Do you know someone who had same problem?

Not this exact problem.  But I've written plenty of instrument drivers that use GPIB, RS-232, and/or Ethernet.  If a supplied driver doesn't do what you need, then you have to know what the commands are that need to be sent in order to get the instrument to do what you want.  I spent 3 months digging throuhg a Tektronix programmer's manual trying to get the scope to do what I needed.  That is just the nature of instrument control.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,014 Views)

How can i contact them, because i can not find any mail for tehnical support,only phone numbers.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,013 Views)

@Nenoo wrote:

How can i contact them, because i can not find any mail for tehnical support,only phone numbers.

Then call them.  Ask if they have an email support or a forums.  You could also try Google to do a search.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,010 Views)

My driver has "configure system.vi" where i can choose terminal(front, rear, difference...) but i dont know how to make that work like instrument( to take front and rear resistance value and divide it to get ratio). Here is some example of driver possibilities.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,007 Views)

And Vi with "configure system.vi" block.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,003 Views)