LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resistance Averaging Help

Hİ,

I need to measure resistance vs temperature. I made a vi attached. Idea is here that , I need to make current reversal resistance measurement in order to eliminate thermal EMF. Moreover, I want to repeat this measurement at the same temperature at least 10 times for accuracy of the measurement. But there are osme problems. I will use K2182A as voltage read and K238 as current source.

Avaraging is not working properly.

vi reads only first 2 values in array.

Finally, put one avaraged ressitance value to graph. At every temperature I will do the same. that will be R vs T meas.

Any help is appriciated. Best.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,453 Views)

It only reads 2 values because you have a 2 wired to the N terminal of your inner For Loop.

I think you might need shift registers on your inner For Loop.  Right now, I just don't think that the way you have those arrays being built with auto-indexing tunnels is going to give you the results you are looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,442 Views)

You are right, It doesn't give. What can you advice me to solve the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,438 Views)

You need to use build array within the case structures, and store the arrays in a shift register.  If you don't want to add to the array, pass the array wire through.  If you want to add to the array, then use build array to append more data to the array.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,435 Views)

I made something. I need to apply posivite and negative current. let say +4 A and -4 A, then measure the voltage as +5V and -5V respectively. Then, take current and voltage values for calculation. I want to repeat this 3 times. Im my vi I cannot do that. Please help me for this. I spent more than a week for this but still I couldn't do that.

Best.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,413 Views)

I suggest that you run your VI with Highlight Execution (light bulb on block diagram toolbar) turned on.  That may give you some idea of what your program is doing.  I suspect that you misunderstand how some basic LV constructions work.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,407 Views)

Actually I am using light often. You may right. I made a vi which I added works nice. As I made a cycle, there are other values And I............I am very confused now and I gave up. Best to all of you.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,403 Views)