cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting time to Zero.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi! 

I have an equation for a very specific pulse shape that I want to simply display on a waveform chart. Its given as function of time so I simply used the formula waveform VI. The equation is a polynomial. The tricky part is this I want it to graph the pulse for 1second and then just repeat it over and over. To do that I would need to reset the time (t) to zero every second. How would I go about doing that? 

Esentially I have some functon F(t) and instead of t=0-infinity I want to make t=[0-1] and then repeat over and over. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,384 Views)

Use T from 0 to infinity to PLOT the results.

Use (T mod Period) to feed the time to your polynomial evaluator.

The QUOTIENT and REMAINDER will get you the value of (T mod Period)

Alternatively, Simply take the waveform and BUILD ARRAY, with as many copies as you need.

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

Message 2 of 6
(2,377 Views)

Can you show us your code.  I'm not fully following what the problem is.  There is a Reset input the the Formula Waveform.  That would cause the waveform to start back from 0.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 6
(2,376 Views)

This is the file. So I just want it to output that pulse (from t=0-1) over and over again, but if I simply put it in a loop it'll evaluate it for t>1. Basically I would like to reset the time back to zero after each loop if possible.

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,350 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author acolel

if I simply put it in a loop it'll evaluate it for t>1.

Did you actually try it ?

The RESET is triggered by a RESET switch (which you don't use), or a FIRST CALL function.

The FIRST CALL will only be true on... ahem... the first call.

So it might not reset like you think.

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

Message 5 of 6
(2,340 Views)

@acolel wrote:

This is the file. So I just want it to output that pulse (from t=0-1) over and over again, but if I simply put it in a loop it'll evaluate it for t>1. Basically I would like to reset the time back to zero after each loop if possible.

Thanks! 

Like I said before, there is a Reset input to that function.  Just wire a TRUE to it.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 6 of 6
(2,334 Views)