LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting plot names and cursor lists

I have gone through some old threads about resetting plot names and cursor lists but didn't seem to get a robust solution to that. Since this is 2016 I am optimistic there must have been new upgrades/revisions that allow these to be done even cleaner 🙂
Would be glad to have some information on how ( the best practice) to do this.

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,065 Views)
Can you explain a bit more about what you want to do?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(4,047 Views)
Mike. After writing plot names to a waveform graph for example, how do you programmatically reset ( undo) the written plot names? Most times if it is not undone/reset first before writing a new set of plot names as may be required by the user, the previous set of plot names may still be left particularly if the former has more plots than the later. I am currently using a two-frame flat sequence. The first frame has a For loop with N set arbitrarily to a large number and a string constant wired to "plot name property node". The second frame handles the actual plot names required using another property node (active plot name) Inside a For loop as well. I use a flat sequence to reset the cursor list as well. This works but I thought there maybe a better way.

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,040 Views)
In a another, but related development , I have a number of "free" cursors on a waveform graph but the co-ordinates don't show up on the cursor legend. Dont know if this is a bug or there is something Iam doing wrong.

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,037 Views)
There is no reset per se. If you want something different in a label, write the new string that same way you wrote the original one.

First let me say that I have never seen a free cursor not show XY position data, but there is one potential complication I can see. In order to give you cursor coordinates in scale units LabVIEW has to know what the scale of the graph is. Now if there is only one scale on the graph LabVIEW can reasonably assume what scale to use. However, if there are multiple scales and a cursor is not locked to a particular plot, LabVIEW would have no way of knowing which scale to use to represent the cursor position.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,019 Views)
Mike, I agree there is no reset per Se but if you have existing plot names ( especially if more than the number of plot names you want to right next) , you either end up appending the next set of plot names or overwriting part of it leaving some. So I think there is a need to clear the plot names first before adding new names. Regarding the free cursor which "refused" to show its co-ordinates, I have only one scale.

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,012 Views)

Attach a VI that shows the problem with the free cursor.  Be sure you have some data saved in it as default before saving the VI and posting it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,009 Views)
The programmatically created free cursors are actually there and show up but not until after creating an extra cursor manually and then hitting the enter key.

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,990 Views)
Replace "hitting the enter key" with " renaming the manually create cursor.

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,986 Views)

You still have not attached the VI that has this problematic free cursor.

Your last two messages mean nothing to us until you present a VI that shows the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,960 Views)