LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset a boolean control programmatically

Hi,

I have a Boolean control ( switch when pressed ) and it is inside a while loop and the it is connected to the selector terminal of case structure. When the condition meets the boolean control should be changed to false. How can I programmatically set the boolean value without using local variable or value property node

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,245 Views)

I don't think that you can.  Why don't you use "Latch when released" instead?

Message 2 of 4
(3,234 Views)

@Michel_Gauvin wrote:

I don't think that you can.  Why don't you use "Latch when released" instead?

Exactly! Thats why we have Latcing mechanical actions! Change value untill the terminal is read once and go back to the initial state.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 3 of 4
(3,221 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Exactly! Thats why we have Latcing mechanical actions! Change value untill the terminal is read once and go back to the initial state.

Nope!  I got caught on this one a few months ago (and, in fact, LabVIEW Documentation has it wrong in several places, depending on the LabVIEW Version).

When the terminal is read, it goes back to its default value, not its initial state.  Granted, in almost every (reasonable) program, these are the same thing, but I'm wearing my "Pedantic" hat, and (since I also "had it wrong") feel I should point out the subtle distinction.

Bob (Pedantic) Schor

Message 4 of 4
(3,201 Views)