LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reserve Network Device Timeout Value

Hi all,

I reserve an Ethernet device via the DAQmx Reserve Network Device VI, however I want to know if its possible to modify the timeout value?

Currently it seems to be set at around 10 seconds with no direct way to change it as all the parameters go directly to a library call.

I've tried using property nodes to see if it was playing hide and seek but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Any ideas? 

Cheers

Mitch

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,638 Views)

Hi Mitch,

I can't seem to find a way to programatically reset the timeout value for this VI; however you could try implementing some I/O error handling.

I've attached a quick example of how this might work, but it would rely on the reserve network device VI outputting a specific error in the event of a timeout (you'll need to modify the error state to check for this specific error code, rather than -1) and assumes you want to give the device more time to connect rather than a shorter time.

Is this in-line with what you were hoping to implement?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,592 Views)

Hi aranS,

Really like your solution but unfortunately I was indeed hoping to set a lower timeout value, however I will most certainly include your retry code as this would be an excellent addition.

One idea I did have was to check for a status message, say every second which indicates whether the device had been successfully reserved, then based on a maximum time that I set, stop the code early. Do you know if such a property exists via the property nodes that shows the reserved status of a networked device such as 'Reserved T/F'?

Cheers

Mitch

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,587 Views)

Hi Mitch,

Have you found any solution? My time-out is around 30s and I really need to decrease it.

Thanks

Boris

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,445 Views)

Hi BorisApplexia,

Unfortunately not and as usual other priorities and projects come along and thus this got left by the wayside.

I never managed to find time to try the method I proposed so feel free to give it a go.

Let us know how you get on if you do give it a go or find alternative method as its something I would love to be able to cross of my LabVIEW wish list.

Cheers

Mitch

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,423 Views)