LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Research topic based on Biomedical application using LabVIEW

Hi..

I am faculty of Electronics Department. I have completed my M-Tech and now want to do Ph.D using LabVIEW. Can any one suggest me any topic related to biomedical application in which i can do research or develope some new hardware.

Thank you.

Regards,

Payal

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,231 Views)

There's a condition called Huntington's Disease. It's a hereditary degenerative neurological disease for which there is no cure, few treatments, and it is always fatal.

A major issue with the disease is uncontrolled body movements. Something I think would be useful would be a combination fa hardware and software that would track a patient's body movements and provide feedback that might allow them to retrain a different part of their brain to handle the control tasks of a damaged part.

If you're interested PM me and I can give you more info.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 2 of 6
(3,118 Views)

i want to pursue PhD in digital logic designing using labview...bt not able to find any research topic...kindly suggest...

SDG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,058 Views)

@jaya88 wrote:

... digital logic designing using labview ...

What does this mean? (LabVIEW is a programming environment, not a circuit design suite.)

Your question seems very strange. If you are a candidate for a PhD program, I would think that you are more familiar with the field than any of us. What is your major? What are your interests?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,047 Views)

hi.... I am a faculty in electronics, Have done masters in electronics and MTech in electro-optics. I wish to pursue research using labview in one of the following areas:

1. embedded real time systems

2. artificial intelligence and machine control

3. biometrics

4. digital scent technology.

5. Automatic control systems..

can any one suggest me a suitable research topics in the  above areas ?

alpana

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,985 Views)

Items 1, 2 (machine control), and 5 clearly are areas where LV is already used. Items 3 and 4 may be more dependent on sensor technology than on software, although obviously complete systems in those areas will include much software.

LV can be used as a tool in almost any kind of research, but the research topic choice should not be driven primarily by the tools available. The way you worded your query it is like a mechanical engineer saying, "I have a hammer. I want to do mechanical research which will make use of the hammer." 

To stretch that analogy way too far: It would be better for that mecahnical engineer to say, " I want to study the strength of materials. One of my constraints is that my equipment budget is limited to the price of a hammer." Then he might decide to study nails.

Consider item 4. digital scent technology. If you do not have access to suitable sensors, you could only do simulations in software, and the quality of the simulations would depend on the accuracy of any published models of the sensors. If you have a gas chromatograph and a mass spectrometer, you could create profiles of scents which could later be used in a portable device. Without knowing where you are in that range os possibilities, it is impractical for someone to make useful suggestions to you. 

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,961 Views)