From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Generation

Hello eveyone,

I'm using report generation toolkit to create reports in .csv format.  Based on the buttons pressed file will be created in the specified path. Then i'm opening the file and loading data into it. I want it to save automatically, but in my case, file will be opened and minimised in tool bar, if i open the file data will be there in it but it will not saved, if i try to save it manually also its showing error. I want it to save automatically. How can I do it?

Thanking you,
Sushmith
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,769 Views)
Why complicate things by using the toolkit for a simple csv file? All that you need is the Write to Spreadsheet File.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,754 Views)

Hello,

I understand write to spreadsheet is easier, but the thing is I need to implement few settings like specific cell numbers, making few texts bold etc, that can not be done using write to spread sheet right? Say for example if i'm having 1 page content, how can I make just the 1st line as Bold?

Thanking you,
Sushmith
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,734 Views)

A csv file doesn't know about text formatting except what ASCII provides (e.g. tabulator)

That being said, you either should write a simple csv file with Write To Spreadsheet File.vi like Dennis tells you or you have to create an Excel file (xls or xlsx).

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,730 Views)

sushmith_ks wrote:         I understand write to spreadsheet is easier, but the thing is I need to implement few settings like specific cell numbers, making few texts bold etc, that can not be done using write to spread sheet right? Say for example if i'm having 1 page content, how can I make just the 1st line as Bold?

CSV files are pure text.  No formatting at all.  If you really want the formatting, then make an xlsx file.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,700 Views)