LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Generation Toolkit VI(s) Broken after Update to Microsoft Office to 2013

I am running LabVIEW 2014.  My IT department recently updated office from 2010 to 2013.  Now, some of my Report Generation Toolkit VIs are broken.  One in specific is C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\vi.lib\addons\_office\excel.llb\Excel Add Reference to VBproj.vi.  When I open this VI there is a property node that calls the "VBProject" reference.  This property node is the cause fo the broken VI.  The "VBProject" reference is greyed out and is not selectable from the list of properties for the "Excel._Workbook" class.  I think this is a protection setting in Excel in relation to VB macros.  If this is the case, what settings should I change to enable this property?  If this is not the case, what could be causing this issue?

Thanks

Brooks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,256 Views)

@Brooks_LV wrote:

I am running LabVIEW 2014.  My IT department recently updated office from 2010 to 2013.  Now, some of my Report Generation Toolkit VIs are broken.  One in specific is C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\vi.lib\addons\_office\excel.llb\Excel Add Reference to VBproj.vi.  When I open this VI there is a property node that calls the "VBProject" reference.  This property node is the cause fo the broken VI.  The "VBProject" reference is greyed out and is not selectable from the list of properties for the "Excel._Workbook" class.  I think this is a protection setting in Excel in relation to VB macros.  If this is the case, what settings should I change to enable this property?  If this is not the case, what could be causing this issue?

Thanks

Brooks

RGT 2010 is not compatible with Microsoft Office 2013.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F7F32A0C680A2801862577770073B7BD#sysreq

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,242 Views)

I believe the OP was running LabVIEW 2014 with 2014 RGT and was updating Microsoft Office from Office 2010 to Office 2013.  I've been contemplating doing that, myself -- now I'm going to wait and see how this plays out ...

Bob (Chicken) Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,217 Views)

I am running LabVIEW 2014 with RGT 2014 (not 2010).  Any ideas why things are broken as detailed in the first post?

Thanks,

Brooks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,176 Views)

Have you tried reinstalling/repairing the RGT after upgrading to Excel 2013?

I'm wondering if it's something along the lines of when you install the toolkit it installs support for the current version of Office you have installed and if you later upgrade you need to reinstall to get support for the new version.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 5 of 5
(3,171 Views)