LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Generation Toolkit Makes Excel Flash Annoyingly

Solved!
Go to solution

I would like murchak to take a screenshot of his code when he expands the menus so that we can see exactly what they mean when they say they cannot use the add function. 

I was taking a screenshot to show exactly what the menus should look like when they expand out the menus. You cannot take a standard screenshot with snipping tool this way because the right click menus will disappear. Since the problem lies in what they are seeing there, I think that is a pretty important part to be able to show and articulate. 

The add method was there when I opened the snippet, so I too am confused where the problem occurs exactly

Chase
NI Technical Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 24
(673 Views)

Murchak is coming from this thread, where he states he only has LV2011.  The snippets posted above are in 2012 so they are no use to him.  In trying to recreate the code, the wrong object was apparently selected, meaning the add method is not available.  I have posted a LV2011 version of the snippet in the other thread so no code has to be recreated.  

Please let this thread die in peace.  It's 1.5 years old.  

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 24
(663 Views)

@aputman wrote:

Murchak is coming from this thread, where he states he only has LV2011.  

The screenshot that was removed had an image the LabVIEW window and it showed 2016 so he had access to newer versions at some point.

@aputman wrote:

Please let this thread die in peace.  It's 1.5 years old.  

Yeah that's probably for the best.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 24
(656 Views)

I am sorry to post this in this older link, but no I do NOT have access to 2016 LabVIEW.

I bought the 2011 version 6 years ago and that is what I have today. I am however, using MS Office 2016 Ultimate. 

Below is the screenshot. If I connect Worksheets ChartObjects to Variant to Data and feed Excel._Charts to it, I do NOT get the Add method.

The way I was able to get the Add method was to connect Worksheets ChartObjects to Variant to Data and feed Excel.ChartObjects to it.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 24
(651 Views)