LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replication and Deployment Utility (RAD) v5.5.2 Application Image Retrieval Error

Solved!
Go to solution

I am struggling to create an image of a CRIO-9024. I have flipped the DIP switch to safety mode and cycled power to the cRIO to allow it to boot into safe mode. I have downloaded the latest version of the RAD utility v5.5.2, yet upon opening the application I am prompted with the following message:

RAD requires newer functionality than the software you have installed. Please update to NI System Configuration version 5.5.1 or higher.

Since I know I have installed a version higher than this I just proceed, assuming this is a bug. The application recognizes my cRIO deployment target, I select it, and proceed to retrieve the application image. I select the image type as a new application image, give the image a name, and proceeed by clicking ok. I have then tried browsing to a specific folder to store the image and continuing with retrieval and I recieve the attached Application Image Retrieval Error. I have read throught he other forums and saw that others have recieved this error because the default C:/AppImages directory was never created. SO I created this directory and allowed it to store to the default directory and still recieved the application image retrieval error. I am at a loss as of what to try next. I only need to create a backup so my customer can have it stored in case of failed or corrupted cRIO. I was trying to make it easy for them to do this themselves but clearly I am struggling. Is there another way I can back this up for them? Any clue as to why I am recieving this error?

Thanks,

Josh K.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,980 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author chet_jennings

Although it may be listed that you have a recent enough version of System Configuration, it's a good idea to update the most recent version.  I have seen similar issues to this in the past in which updating Sys Config solved the problem.  Version 5.6 is the most recent version:

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-system-configuration-5.6/4517/en/

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(2,942 Views)

SkyWalka,

Sorry, in process of all of this I ran into a communication issue that took some time to sort out. Just got back to this and updated the system configuration as suggested. It works now! Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,804 Views)