LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replication and Deployment (RAD) for LV2013

Thanks for your support. We will modify for now and work with it.

Please update this thread with any news on a new release once these bugs are flushed out.

Thanks,

Monil

Monil Morar
Control System Engineer
Secure Drilling Services (SDS)
Weatherford │ 16430 Park Ten Place │ Suite 200 │ Houston │ Texas │ 77084
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 37
(879 Views)

I picked up where Monil and Larry left off and am working to make this a shared tool.  The build to an executable was not functional and I quickly learned that many VIs were called by reference and not inlcuded n the build specification.  I added the following VIs to the build specification:

08-26-2014 07-49-55 Always Include.png

However, I still cannot build due to errors present on locked VIs; Download Bitfile.vi and Set RIO Device Settings 2010.vi.

Does anyone have unlocked verisons of these VIs?

James

Tech Advisor - Automation
LabVIEW 5.0 - 2020
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 37
(827 Views)

James:

Those 2 VIs call internal code, so we cannot provide you with unlocked versions of them. However, the good news is that the need for them is lowering over time as we provide more functionality through NI System Configuration API.

When used in combination with NI-RIO 14.0, those VIs are needed only when RAD is deploying a RIO FPGA bitfile to a cRIO-910x chassis. In other words, if you don't deploy bitfiles used at powerup or you use any other cRIO chassis, you could remove the calls to those VIs completely.

Dan Mondrik

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 37
(812 Views)

Dan,

Thanks for the additional details regarding the use of those two VIs.

I will look into replacing them with popup messages to alert the user of the missing functionality.

Regards,

James

LabVIEW 5.0 - 2020
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 37
(798 Views)

Dan,

I am deploying with FPGA to Flash to a cRIO-9014 and am getting an error from the RIO Check.vi.

Error 1003 occurred at Open VI Reference in RIO Check.vi

What are the minimum versions for the development system and RT target for this deployment to function correctly?

I am currently using LV2013 with this software on the development PC and RT Target.

RIO Versions.png

Thanks for any suggestions/assistance.

James

LabVIEW 5.0 - 2020
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 37
(779 Views)

If I'm right, the cRIO-9014 controller works with both a cRIO-910x chassis and a cRIO-911x chassis. They do have different architectures, which impacts the software. If you have NI-RIO 13.1 or higher on the target and it's a cRIO-911x chassis, you should be able to deploy your FPGA to flash without needing those 2 files I referred to yesterday. Since you have NI-RIO 12.1 on the target, it still requires the legacy VIs for FPGA deployment. (And recall I had mentioned that for a cRIO-910x chassis, all shipping versions of NI-RIO require those VIs.)

I'll admit this is a complicated combination, so I hope my answer makes sense.

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 37
(773 Views)

@Dan_Mondrik wrote:

If I'm right, the cRIO-9014 controller works with both a cRIO-910x chassis and a cRIO-911x chassis. They do have different architectures, which impacts the software. If you have NI-RIO 13.1 or higher on the target and it's a cRIO-911x chassis, you should be able to deploy your FPGA to flash without needing those 2 files I referred to yesterday. Since you have NI-RIO 12.1 on the target, it still requires the legacy VIs for FPGA deployment. (And recall I had mentioned that for a cRIO-910x chassis, all shipping versions of NI-RIO require those VIs.)

I'll admit this is a complicated combination, so I hope my answer makes sense.

Dan

Hello,

I'm running into this problem with 'Download Bitfile.vi' and 'Set RIO Device Settings 2010.vi' too. Could you please clarify what you replace them with?

LabVIEW 2013 SP1, NI-RIO 14.0.1, NI System Configuration 5.6.0 for Real-Time, NI System Configuration Runtime 14.0.0

Regards,

Richard.

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 37
(740 Views)