LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replication and Deployment (RAD) for LV2013

I would also like to mention that the 9014 cRIOs both of them that I have tried have been reformatted and the software has been manually selected and installed again. So they are freshly redone. Thanks.

Monil Morar
Control System Engineer
Secure Drilling Services (SDS)
Weatherford │ 16430 Park Ten Place │ Suite 200 │ Houston │ Texas │ 77084
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 37
(1,002 Views)

Hi Monil,

I was just able to successfully retrieve an image from a 9014 so it doesn't seem to be a general problem with 9014s and System Configuration 5.6. I did realize that my RIO drivers are 13.0 so I can upgrade that and try again.

You mentioned that you are able to take the image of a 9073. Have you tried replicating the software installed on the 9073 on the 9014? I don't know how doable this is with your set-up, but that would allow us to isolate whether the problem has to do with the installed software.

Also, can you try taking an image using the System Configuration VIs. There is an example in the Example Finder called Get and Set Real-Time Real-Time System Image.vi. You should be able to just run that. This will take RAD out of the picture, though I suspect you will get the same error.

Have you tried looking at the console out of the cRIO as you try to image it to see if it's reporting any errors?

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 37
(991 Views)

Also, could you post the scs_imagemetadata.ini that exists inside the systemsettings folder on the target?

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 37
(971 Views)

Hey,

I have pulled an image using the VI from the example finder. This was successful with my current software set on the 9014. Here is the scs_imagemetadata.ini from the cRIO. I think this proves that something specific is going on with the RAD tool and needs to be addressed.

Monil Morar
Control System Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 37
(959 Views)

I have also been able to pull an image from the 9073 cRIO as well. This is the cRIO which the RAD utility works with.

Attached is the scs_imagemetadata from the cRIO.

Monil Morar
Control System Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 37
(957 Views)

The .ini file that you provided is missing the token Value=" " for each of the attributes. You can see the difference if you compare the 9073 ini file you provided to the 9014. We are looking into why that Value token disappears occasionally.

However, I'm not convinced that is causing the failure in RAD because when I use RAD (v5.5.2) to create the image, it adds the correct values into the .ini file. It still might be worthwhile to try adding in values and retesting. I've attached my .ini file so you can get an idea of some legitimate values.

If you'd like to provide your image, I'd be happy to do testing to see if the issue is specific to your image. You could upload it to this site  ftp://ftp.ni.com/incoming and let me know that it's there (through private message if you'd like).

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 37
(950 Views)

I have uploaded my image from the 9014 cRIO named mdmorar_IMG_9014.zip to the FTP site you have provided.

Please take a look and tell me what you find.

Monil Morar
Control System Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 37
(948 Views)

I've been able to reproduce the error that you're seeing  using your image. I am currently digging into the RAD source code to determine where the error is occurring since it seems like the issue is specific to the RAD utility.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 37
(927 Views)

This is great news!! I would be curious to know what is going on.

Thanks!

Monil Morar
Control System Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 37
(923 Views)

Hi Monil,

Sorry for the delay in response. I believe that the issue you are seeing is caused by a bug with the error handling for this case in the current version of code behind the Create System Image VI. This is a known issue and will hopefully be fixed in future versions. 

You have two options for workarounds:

1) Always boot the target into safe mode before taking the image. (I tested this and this seemed to resolve the issue for me)

2) Use the Get System Image.vi (this is what the example uses. We would not recommend using this in general because it is an older version that will not be maintained. However, it does still exist in vi.lib)

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 37
(900 Views)