From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replication and Deployment (RAD) for LV2013

Hi,

I just downloaded Replication and Deployment (RAD) and tried opening it for LV2013, and found it did not run. I followed the broken arrow to rad_Enable FPGA.vi". There I saw that the property node for system hardware - "NoFPGA" and "VIAutoload" - were not supported. See in the image below. Did I forget to install something correctly?

rad_Enable FPGA.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 37
(4,106 Views)

Depending on the installed version of RIO, some RIO-specific resource files may need to be copied from the RAD source\objmgr directory into the LabVIEW resource\objmgr directory.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 37
(4,088 Views)
  1. Thanks. I have NI-RIO 12.1 installed
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 37
(4,085 Views)

Also make sure you install NI System Configuration 5.5.1.

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-system-configuration-5.5.1/4471/en/

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 37
(4,076 Views)

I installed NI System Configuration 5.5.1. And the arrow is still broken. I haven't copied from the RAD source\objmgr directory into the LabVIEW resource\objmgr directory. Yet. I was hoping this would take care of it. I took a screen capture of the software installed.

Installed Software.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 37
(4,055 Views)

OK I added the files that were missing into the LabVIEW source\objmgr directory. I was missing two of them. And it works now. Why weren't those files installed? Where did they come from? If I want to use this in the future I'll need to add it to an installer.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 37
(4,049 Views)

This probably should go on another post, but when I run RAD, I get an error. See the image below. I found that error came from the metadata in "Create System Image.vi". According to the changelog this was added recently. I couldn't find any information on metadata outside of the help file.

RAD error.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 37
(4,041 Views)

This problem seems to stem from the fact that there is a default location to save the image (C:\AppImages), however that folder (AppImages) is never created.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 37
(4,038 Views)

You don't need to (and shouldn't) copy the .rc files to the LabVIEW directory from an installer of yours. That is needed only at build time, not at run time. For what it's worth, two of those .rc files come from the most-recently-released RIO 13.0.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 37
(4,024 Views)

Thanks for the help.

I was rereading my posts, and I realized I wasn't too clear. There are 2 problems I found with RAD. The first was that metadata wasn't working, and the second is that the AppImages folder was never created.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 37
(4,003 Views)