From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing elements

Is there any way to replace functions without having to do it manually? In C, the replace function allows you to type a word and replace all of them with another. Can I do that in Labview e.g. visa session 1 replace all of them with visa session 2?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,856 Views)
You can use a case structure to select from a predefined list of functions, provided that all cases can use the same inputs and outputs. There has also been some discussion of scripting, which is not officially supported.

Lynn
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,844 Views)
If you have LabVIEW 8 you can.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,840 Views)
I have Labview 7. Does that mean I cant do it?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,839 Views)
That's right. This is just one of many features that makes the upgrade worthwhile. I just hope my management agrees and approves it for meSmiley Wink.
Message 5 of 7
(2,835 Views)
well so much for that idea...guess I'll have to find them all and change them manually. Damn...lol
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,834 Views)
On the plus side, you can at least find them by searching on the text string.  I know that's a poor second, but it is better than crawling the code manually.  Load everything you think might have the name and go for it.  If you may have this happen again, consider using strict typedefs.  Then you only have to change it in one place and the others will update automatically.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,815 Views)