LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement express VI for FP-1000 control

Solved!
Go to solution

I know this is an old thread but this issue has cropped up for me.  We had a guy doing programming that left our LV in a mess.  He only updated LV to 2010 though we were paid up to 2011 and probably farther. 

I think I am now understanding why.  We standardized on the Fieldpoint hardware because it is easy to ues and easily reconfigurable.  I am now having to go back and reprogram old VIs that need to do new stuff and all my FP Express VI's no longer work.  What the H--L???  I understand that things reach an end of life fr hardware but software it would seem pretty simple to leave VIs in that have been used in the past and not create this nightmare I have now.

So now I have to figure out how to reprogram all the great Express VI's we had used.  That was the point of the Epress Vis in the first place. Arg!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(469 Views)

Hello scubadude,

It is possible that your express VI’s are not working because there is a compatibility issue between the version of LabVIEW you are using and the NI-Fieldpoint driver that you have installed. I have included a resource below that displays the compatibility of different versions of LabVIEW and the NI-Fieldpoint driver.

NI-FieldPoint and LabVIEW Version Compatibility

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4963D01CA676456B86257CEC0051E4C9

To determine what versions of software you have installed, refer to the following resource:

Determine the Version of the NI Software Installed on My Computer

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2266B58A5061E86A8625758C007A4FE3

If there is a compatibility issue in your software, you can search online for the specific NI-Fieldpoint driver you need and download it from NI’s website.

If this does not fix your Express VI’s within LabVIEW, I recommend starting a new forum post over your issue. This forum post is rather old and therefore, has very low visibility. If you start a completely new forum post, it will be viewed by a lot more forum users, which will increase the chances of your issue being driven to resolution more quickly.  

Regards

Gabby
National Instruments Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(445 Views)