From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated Values in Measurement Signals (FPGA, cRio)

Solved!
Go to solution

I figured it out and no longer have a coersion dot

The FIFO is working! But I am still getting repeated values

Any other suggestions?

I've also tried to increase the timing, running 1 ms on the fpga and 1 ms, 1.5ms, 2ms and 3ms on the cRio

And I've tried to read other analog input devices/channels as well, even a different analog input card

- The problem still occurs

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(931 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ghp_1

If you have implemented the code as the one you attached, it should work. Have you implemented the structure for checking if the FIFO contains at least one element?

If you did it and you are still getting repeated values maybe the problem stays in sampling time settings. Try to slow down the sampling, according to the analog signal you are acquiring.

Kind regards.

Message 12 of 13
(906 Views)

Hi again

Yes, I implemented the FIFO like that

I think the problem is solved now, turns out the values are supposed to be repeated

The noise on the signal is so low amplitude compared to what I am measuring, and with the A/D converter discretizing the entire measurement range with 8 or 16 bits, there is only a few values that can be taken for a noise with that small amplitude!

I experimented with changing the pressure manually and whenever the pressure is rising or falling- i don't get any repeated values!

Thanks again MichaelBalzer and pep91!

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(878 Views)