From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeat sending command while holding down a button

Solved!
Go to solution

Sorry I attached wrong file. See the attached.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,717 Views)

Please give files a new and unique name whenever attaching a modified version.

This avoids confusion on what's what. Thanks.

I don't see any key up/down events in your latest attachment, so I don't know what you are saying.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,708 Views)

altenbach, see the attached "repeat event key.vi". I used key up and key down for the "send" button, but don't see event triggered. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,703 Views)

Which key are you pressing? (You probably need to ensure that the button has key focus)

What is the point of the waits?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,695 Views)

This is the for "send" button. There's some comfusion about key and button, is it that button means on display front panel and key means keys on keyboard? I don't know whether the key up/key down event will respond to the front panel button press, I know it's a value change. 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,690 Views)

The wait is the interval between sending commands. 

Is it that this "send" button key up or down event is keyboard key up or down when the "send" button has key focus.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(1,685 Views)
Yes, the button needs key focus first. Nothing repeats, because to get another key down event, a key up needs to happen first.

For a front panel bottom press, use mouse down or value change events. (Value change preferred).

To use keys, use general key down events, not tied to a control.
Message 17 of 18
(1,679 Views)

I have touch panel in mind. I know mouse click on a button is equivalent to a touch panel finger press on a button, but I don't know whether the mouse event will apply.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,674 Views)