LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing line with y=0 origin on XY graph

@PickPack wrote:

I didn't say anything about clusters?

Well, this thread is about xy graphs. Maybe you are talking about plain waveform graphs. Since this 5 year old thread is about xy graphs, maybe you  should have started a new thread. Seems offtopic here.

LabVIEW does not support ragged arrays, but there are many easy woarkarounds.

There are also ideas to let us define the value of the padding, which would help in your case by setting it to NaN.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(405 Views)

Nope, talking X Y Graph.

I'm probably going about my labview code in a slightly wrong way, but thats part of learning.

If I am going about structuring my code a little off, someone else will to, and this will help them when they get there, until the day they (I) learn a way to code this up that removes the problem altogether.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(400 Views)

Well, the pink wire on the left IS a cluster.

Since zero can be valid data, you probably need additional information in order to eliminate padded values. No way to tell without seeing all of the code. How are you building the 2D arrays? Maybet there are more sutable data structures to eliminate the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(395 Views)

That cluster was defined after I asked the original question, and has nothing to do with anything except that I put a whole analysis routine in a sub vi and wanted a more conveinent break out.

Thats where I'm getting to, i'm just not sure of the real right way yet.

I'm reading values from a file or a transducer, depending on what I am doing.

I started this process assuming I might have to deal with differeing time increments between samples, but maybe thats not really a concern....

In any case, I am defining the start point of my analysis at different points in time on each signal.

To make it "easy" i just took a subset of my data, prior to entering a whole analysis routine.

Maybe I could have handled it a different way, like defining a start time....

Plenty of ways to skin cats.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(386 Views)