LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing chrome off of front panel

Solved!
Go to solution

Attached is a file, i would like to remove on the front panel the chrome on the graph. The chrome is the graph's raised step  and the plot icon.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,234 Views)

I'm assuming you are showing an XY Graph.  Try replacing the XY Graph with the XY Graph from the Classic Palette -- it has neither the raised edges nor the default Plot indicator.  You can also get rid of the Plot Legend by right-clicking the Graph, choosing Visible Items, and unchecking Plot Legend (which is unchecked, by default, on the Classic Palette).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,216 Views)

I tried it and the overall vi showed a broken run button.

Thankyou for the suggestion it seems to work.

Regards,

Victor Morita

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,180 Views)

I'm confused.  Did I solve your problem?  You say "showed a broken Run button" and "seemed to work".  Can you clarify?  If it did solve the problem, can you mark it as the Solution to help others who read the Forum and may have the same Question?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,128 Views)

Hi Bob:

Attached is a screenshot of what I mean.  It does work but the classic template doesn't allow for removal of plot tab.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,111 Views)

One things first: DO NOT take a screen shot and past it into a WORD document then attach it.

Save the screen shot to an image file and use the Insert Image button to put it in your post.

Now you want to remove the frame around a graph and hide the plot legend? 

Starting with a Silver XY Graph

Norm.PNG

Use the color picker and make the frame transparent.

transp.PNG

Then right click on the chart and turn off the Plot Legend (under Visible Items)

legoff.PNG

Is that what you want?

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,099 Views)

I don't know why it works for me and doesn't work for you.  Of course, I don't have your code, so I can't see (a) what you are doing, nor (b) which version of LabVIEW you are using.  Can you post the VI?  We can probably understand your difficulty once we see (and potentially fix) the code.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,077 Views)

As the previous poster noted, "attaching the code" does not mean attaching a picture of the Block Diagram -- you need to attach the actual VI (or, if you are using a reasonably recent version of LabVIEW, you can attach a Snippet, though a VI might be easier ...).

BS

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,074 Views)

Hi Bob:

Yes, that is what I want. Attached is the vi attached.

Thankyou for your patience and help.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,057 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author edoc

You also need to attach your sub-vi's not just the top level, put them all in a zip file

As the one with the broken graph is missing.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,054 Views)