LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove the stacked sequence structure from LabVIEW.

Although my program is bad as you said but I guess it's good since I just started learning Labview three months ago and I hope it will be nicer.

Sorry for bothering you in my questions.

0 Kudos
Message 151 of 195
(1,184 Views)

Hi LH,

Although my program is bad as you said but I guess it's good

All those "Why" questions point to problems in your VI. Solve those problems and maybe the program will run as you intend it to…

Sorry for bothering you in my questions.

It's not "bothering with questions", it's rather "not answering OUR questions" combined with "posting in wrong/old thread"!

You still didn't answer our question: WHAT IS NOT WORKING?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 152 of 195
(1,178 Views)

Hi,

The butons are not working when I put the SSS.

I thought this is a place for asking questions instead of telling ideas.

I misundertood.

Any way, Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 153 of 195
(1,172 Views)

This is my vi without SSS

0 Kudos
Message 154 of 195
(1,170 Views)

Try to only use the outer loop for everything.

All your inner loop code differs only by the value of a single diagram constant, so all that code could be combined into one that uses a tiny case structure depeding on the button that was pressed. Try it! Why duplicate all that code? If you need to make code changes, you currently would need to make identical changes in four different places, dramatically increasing the possibilities of mistakes.

Message 155 of 195
(1,095 Views)

@L.H. wrote:

This is my vi without SSS

Better,  But still.... having a instanteous timeout case (timeout = 0) and a half second delay in the same loop in relatively insane.

This may be why the user is pounding the mouse on the desk.  especially when (Drumroll........) there are while loops inside the events that run untill the user clicks the "Right" button to stop that loop Smiley Surprised

Do look into the "Producer - Consumer (Events)" documentation.  your users will hate you less.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 156 of 195
(1,076 Views)

I just upgrading from an older version of LabView to find that Stacked Sequences are removed from LabView.  Although they can still be used for now, who knows for how long? This makes Labview a toy. I have a picture logic program that now limits the amount of code I can write in a case statement etc to the size of my screen. If I need more space to write code I need to call a Vi with the same single screen space restriction.  Without Stacked Sequences to write a reasonable amount of code will require me to make a DLL call etc to a real programming language.  Please put the Stacked Sequence back into Labview.  Forcing readability of code by crippling the development language is not the solution.   

0 Kudos
Message 157 of 195
(954 Views)

1. It was only removed from the palletes (http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Move-Stacked-Sequences-from-the-Palette/idi-p/993039)

2. You should be using subVIs to make you code more modular and actually easier to read and debug.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 158 of 195
(947 Views)

You need to create a FLAT SEQUENCE STRUCTURE and then right-click on this and select the REPLACE WITH STACKED SEQUENCE item.  Go figure what the logic behind NI's thinking is ... but it doesn't make sense.  All it does is annoy, as it has managed to replace a single step process with a two step process.

0 Kudos
Message 159 of 195
(943 Views)

The reasoning is to prevent the massive abuse that has been seen from the Stacked Sequence Structure.  They break proper data flow and they are rigid in execution.  Instead, you should be in the habit of using State Machines and/or subVIs.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 160 of 195
(937 Views)