LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove the stacked sequence structure from LabVIEW.

@natasftw wrote:

@CoastalMaineBird wrote:

sometimes my reasons were more about coding fundamentalism than rationality. 

And that's the "dogma" I've seen over and over. I've asked for reasons, and gotten name calling and spurious crap, and "it is teh evil".

You've offered the same.  It's rather hard to give any weight to your opinion when you consistently do exactly what you condemn.

At the risk of repeating meself

The FSS does offer more "Debugging" hooks. than the SSS Do Not write bugs!

'Nuff said.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 131 of 195
(1,103 Views)

Ugh, can we not get personal about this stuff?  If you have differences in opinion, attack the opinion, not the person.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 132 of 195
(1,090 Views)

@billko wrote:

Ugh, can we not get personal about this stuff?  If you have differences in opinion, attack the opinion, not the person.

Better yet, how about dropping this ridiculous topic and we all get back to confusing the n00bs. Smiley Happy

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 133 of 195
(993 Views)

@NIquist wrote:

@billko wrote:

Better yet, how about dropping this ridiculous topic and we all get back to confusing the n00bs. Smiley Happy

Letting the thread die:  you're doing it wrong!

Message 134 of 195
(985 Views)

Ok so I am what you might call crazy.  I'm pretty sure of it anyhow.  But I have just read through this thread and I think I might have gone sane.  Is that possible? Anyone?

0 Kudos
Message 135 of 195
(906 Views)

Well, I realized that LV2014 (which I have but hadn't used yet) went ahead and hid the Stacked Sequence where you have to do another step to get to it, so my argument was already moot.  How's that for crazy?

I'm convinced that the amount of sanity in the universe is constant, we all share it to one degree or another at different times.  Some days you get more, some days you get less.

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

Message 136 of 195
(897 Views)

I'm convinced that the amount of sanity in the universe is constant,

we all share it to one degree or another at different times. Some days you get more, some days you get less.

beautiful sentence ! 

0 Kudos
Message 137 of 195
(873 Views)

So what you are saying is this is temporary.  Thats good, I cant wait for it to wear off.

0 Kudos
Message 138 of 195
(850 Views)

It doesn't "wear off"".  You actually give it away to someone else, and then you have less.  Or someone gives you some, and you have more.

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

Message 139 of 195
(844 Views)

@CoastalMaineBird wrote:

I'm convinced that the amount of sanity in the universe is constant, we all share it to one degree or another at different times.  Some days you get more, some days you get less.

If that's the case then there is a whole freakin' country full of genius monks hiding somewhere. I say this four days before a US election ... it's all about perspective. Smiley Tongue

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 140 of 195
(847 Views)