LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remotely control dashboard with myrio without have to run the program on labview

Hi, I have NImyRIO and I used myrio to read my current sensor value. How do I run dashboard independtly without have to run the VI on labview?? I have created shared variables in the labview program and connected it in dashboard. But everytime I restart my myrio I have to run the program in labview again.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,121 Views)

You need to create a 'real-time executable' from the build specification menu in your project. Once you have created and built the rtexe, you can then 'deploy' and 'run as startup' on the myRIO, after it reboots it will run your VI.

Of course, as it doesn't have a user interface, you will need to make sure it can start/run without interaction or you will need to create a user interface VI to communicate with it from your computer.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,110 Views)

I've tried to create the real time executable, but I've encounter problem when I tried to run as startup, it requires the target to reboot however there's a pop-out saying that  'Unable to find the target, it may be offline'. I created it under myRIO section is that right?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,029 Views)

The error indicates that your myRIO isn't connected, or is currently rebooting (and as such, LabVIEW can't talk to it). Does it show up in MAX? Does the IP address shown in the project match the IP address of the myRIO?

(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,015 Views)

I do not have MAX installed, however, I was able to connect and deploy. And the IP address does match to myRIO. To add on, to build 'real time executable' how should I also handle the libaries of shared variables? Based on some tutorial I saw online, they did nt have any shared variables or web services. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,005 Views)

NI MAX (Measurement and Automation Explorer) is the main tool for configuring/diagnosing issues with RT Targets like the myRIO...I would find it very strange if you didn't have it installed as I'm pretty sure it's a prerequisite for some NI hardware/software. Did you try to 'run as startup' just after the myRIO had rebooted? If you can connect/deploy/run code on the myRIO, the 'run as startup' function should work fine - but it will become unresponsive for 30-60 seconds while it reboots. If it becomes unresponsive for a while after rebooting, it might be that your RT executable is maxing out the CPU on the myRIO causing it to be unresponsive.

When you build the RT executable, it should automatically pull in any dependencies such as shared variable libraries that are used. If you are calling things dynamically, then you might need to add them to the 'always include' list in the build specification.

(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,985 Views)