LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote panels with webcam feed

I've got LabVIEW remote panels working OK with my PC acting as a LabVIEW server, but when I try to provide a live webcam image feed in the same web page by using the Webcam 1-2-3 Java applet in the remote-panel html page (as recommended by NI) I get an "applet not inited" error message for the webcam feed image. The same webcam Java applet works fine when pasted into an html page delivered by the Webcam 1-2-3 server on my PC, but that server does not support Remote Panels. I've switched off firewalls, but these errors occur even when viewing on the same PC that is the server. Where am I going wrong? Suggestions welcome. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,352 Views)
I've sorted out the Java "applet not inited" error -- it was simply due to the fact that the repeatedly reloaded jpg webcam image was not in the same directory as the remote panels webpage. Now it all works EXCEPT that the webcam won't refresh the jpg image on the server disk (with the effect that the client continually reloads the same old static image in the client webpage) unless I also have running the Webcam 1-2-3 web server on a port I'm not using. Is that's how it's supposed to be done? It seems a bit inelegant. Is there no way to require the image refresh without also activating an used server?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,340 Views)
Hi beemerbiker,

Thanks for your post.

You are a little unclear as to whether the WebCam 123 webserver is running at all when the JPEG image is not being refreshed. Could you specify if it is running, but only works when it is on a seperate port, or only works when the webserver is operating?

It might be an idea to also contact the manufacturer's of WebCam 123 and ask for their advice on embedding their product within another webserver- they may be able to help on areas where NI cannot.

Please let me know how you get on, I will certainly help where I can.

Thanks,
National Instruments | Northern California
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,316 Views)