LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Web Panels on Apache instead of LabVIEW Web Server

Hi!

I have NI Developer Suite and enjoy using the remote web panels that are available in LabVIEW.  I was wondering if there was anyway for me to use my local Apache server to serve the web pages and still use remote panels?  Or do I have to use the LabVIEW Web Server?

The only work around I have come up with so far, is to put the LabVIEW Web Server on a different port number and then use an iFrame for the embedded remote panel.  I would like to just have one web server running, however.

Thanks for your help!
-Nic
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,992 Views)
You would need to have LabVIEW webserver running in order to host remote front panels. Please refer to the knowledgebase entry on this matter.

The work-around that you are using seems to be a plausible solution. I don't believe that there is a way for you to host remote front panels on a third party webserver.

Mehak D.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,964 Views)

Hi friends, I'm trying to solve the same problem with Apache. In fact I tried several things because I'd actually like to check the access to a html page at LabView Server:

1. One solution could be to make a php page but this extension is not recognized by LabView server.

2. The second thing I tried was to put the php page into an Apache server with an include pointing to the html page at Labview Server (simply it didn`t work).

3. The third try was to follow the recomendations at this link ni.com, but it never worked for me.

So the question is... are there anybody who solved theese comments? is it possible to embed a php script or CGI script into a html page at Labview Server to check access for users by passwords? Obviously I haven´t Internet Toolkit for Labview :S

Thanks in advance.

Message 3 of 8
(4,631 Views)
I abandoned this, but my thought was to run the Apache and LabVIEW web server on seperate ports.  Access would be through the Apache server side, and the page that loads the Remote server would be directed to the port that the LabVIEW web server lived on (or you could use an iFrame).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,616 Views)

Hi Nickerbocker! thanks so much for your early answer. iFrame works fine in Apache Server with a html file pointing to the source at Labview Server, even with a php file. The new problem now is that server replies "remote panel connection exceeds maximum number of licenses". :S

Do you know how is possible to prompt for a user and password to control the access to the VI target at Labview Server?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,606 Views)

Beeper,

Read through this KB as it walks through a few ways to password protect your remote panel.

ColeR
Field Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,577 Views)

Hello.....

can you please tell me how did you use iframe  to show labview vi through apache server ???????

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,549 Views)

hiiiiiii

can anyone please tell me how can i use iframe to pass labview vi panels through apache web server ????????

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,502 Views)