LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote VI Labview Web Server

Hello,

I would like to use Labview web server to access remotely to a VI running on a computer with Windows 7 and Labview 2010. I would like to be able to check the VI and to control it remotely.

In Tools/Option, I configured the web server as follow:

- Port HTTP: 80

- Browser access list *

- Visible VI *

In tools / Web publishing tools, I selected the VI and the Embedded mode with Request control when connection established. I entered a title name of the web page...

On the computer, where Labview is running, I have no problem to access the web page using either http://localhost/"VI name".html or http://"computer name"/"VI name".html using Internet explorer.

I do not see anything using Mozilla Firefox except the Title of the Web page.

It is said to download a plugin but which one?

On the remote computers, there are also problems:

- The first computer is running under MAC OSX and it is not working neither with Safari nor Firefox. Nothing is written on the web page.

- The second computer is running under Windows 7 and both trying with Firefox or Internet explorer I can see only the Title at the top of the web page.

It seems a problem of plugins...

Do you have any suggestions?

Regards,

Coralie

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,676 Views)

Hello Coralie,

I suppose that you followed this procedure to use the remote front panel.

Could you give us a screenshot of the displayed message ? (which talks about a plugin)

Other question, do you have the Labview Run Time Engine installed ? If you don't have it, could you install it and try again ?

Best regards,

Samir
Ingénieur d'applications
National Instruments - France
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,622 Views)

Hello Samir,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I followed the procedure you mentioned. I guess the Labview Run Time Engine have to run on the remote computer? I did not install it on the remote computers which I tried to see the web page on. Well, I was also wondering if the problem could come from our network system which locks webserver from inside... but i am not sure.

I read the Run-Time Engine allows the browsers to display VIs embedded in Web pages. It may be the solution and I would like to try it but I am a bit lost regarding the Labview licenses. Can I install the Run-Time engine on several computers even if I have only 1 Labview License? How can I get the installation?

I can't send you a snapshot of the browser where a plugin was requested . The only computer on which it was written belongs to a colleague and I cannot access it now...

Regards,

Coralie

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,607 Views)

You're welcome.

Yes, you have to install the Labview Run Time Engine on the computer that you use to connect to the web server.

Concerning the licenses, you have to know that the Run Time Engine, is free. It just allows you to run a program developped on Labview.

What is the version of Labview that you used to developp your application ? For example, if the application was developped on Labview 2014, please, download the corresponding Run Time Engine on your computer (http://www.ni.com/download/labview-run-time-engine-2014/4887/en/).

If something is not clear or if you need further information, feel free to ask me questions.

Best regards.

Samir
Ingénieur d'applications
National Instruments - France
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,597 Views)

Hello Samir,

I was not available since several days. I installed the Run Time Engine on the remote computer running under Mac OSx. It is still not working... I installed the Run time Engine that fits with the version of labview installed on the computer which runs the program.

I really think it is a problem of network security inside my lab. I will try to find another way: generation of a picture af the pfront panel or something else...

I thank you for your advise and help,

Regards,

Coralie

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,521 Views)

Hi All,

I have a problem with the web server in labview 2015. I want to remote panel my VIs, but when I try to do this, it says to enable the web server on the server. From what I can see, I have already enabled the web server i.e, from the help on how to enable it. What else can I do to enable the web server?

when I tried to get a remote panel connection, the error is:

"Remote panel connection refused by specified server: Make sure LabVIEW Web Server is enabled on specified server"

Thanks!

Arash

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,340 Views)