cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Panels not working in embedded viewing mode

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm trying to develop a web version of my project using Labview remote panels. I configured the web server properties as it's described here: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/4791/en/

Currently I'm trying to create the web page on the web publishing tool. However when I select the Embedded viewing mode option I get an "Requested VI is not loaded into memory on the server computer" error on the web page that is created. But if I select Snapshot or Monitor viewing mode option the page is loaded without problems.

I'm using Labview 2013 and oppening the web page in google chrome. The VI from which I'm trying  to create a remote panel has some subVIs that show the front panel when called. Is there anything I'm forgetting to configure, or do I need to have any plugins instaled on my browser?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,326 Views)

Can you give more details of your vi target. (Real time or Windows) Also are you bulding and exe or running as a vi?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,265 Views)

Windows, and I'm running as a VI.

The VI in question has about 50 indicators/controls on the front panel. The code diagram is simple: it reads some shared varibles, access a database using some selects from the database connectivity toolkit, makes an asynchrounous call of one VI and has the code to open some subVIs if some buttons are pressed in the front panel.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,259 Views)

If you are running on a windows platform why don't you use a remote desktop program like dameware or even windows remote desk top? I usually use remote front panels on a real time target that does not have a display. There are all kinds of problems you could have trying to use remote front panels on windows.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,255 Views)

I'm aware of that. I only wanted to try remote panels, but I still haven't figured out why its not working properly.

Anyway remote panels aren't really what I'm looking for. I wanted to develop a web client to be accessed anywhere to monitor some of the most important aspects of my labview application. I'm now developing the web version in HTML 5, using web services to comunicate with my labview application.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,219 Views)

@Mateus23 wrote:

I'm now developing the web version in HTML 5, using web services to comunicate with my labview application.

There you go, good solution. When doing this remember that you have access to the database on the server. A structure I have found effective is to use the server DB like a dropbox that I write to, and the web server reads from.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,204 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Mateus23

Found out what the problem was. I was using google chrome and chrome does not support remote panels. Works fine on internet explorer.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,130 Views)

Good to hear. There is supposed to be a plug-in for other browsers but never used it. Remeber you must also have the Labview runtime Engine Installed on the PC used to veiw the remote front panel.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,124 Views)