From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Panel 8.6.1 won't load in Internet Explorer 9 (Windows7)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

some years ago I installed a cRIO with an LabVIew 8.6.1 WebServer running on it. This worked flawlessly on XP with Internet Explorer.

The machine wasn't used for quite a while and in the mean time we have switched all our PCs to Windows 7.

I installed the LV RTE 8.6.1 and the patch 8.6.1f5 from http://www.ni.com/download/labview-run-time-engine-8.6.1/1244/en/

The addon is shown in Internet Explorer (although I am wondering it shows "8.6.0.something"). The IP is listed as trusted site and all ActiveX-Elements are enabled. 

Still the panel only shows that it's loading on 0.00%.

Can someone help me with this issue?

Regards

Andreas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,247 Views)

Perhaps your firewall (or another security software) blocks the communication.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,231 Views)

Hi,

thanks for the quick answer.

Windows Firewall is disabled for the network the cRIO is in. Ping is possible.

But it might be the virus scanner altghough Port 80 should be available.

Any comments (experiences) would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Andreas

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,220 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lunarfur

Personal experience:

We are running Kaspersky Security Suite on our PCs and it regularly blocks LabVIEW remote panels unless I either dig very deep into the settings or disable the security suite temporarly.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
Message 4 of 7
(3,197 Views)

Hi Andreas!

I had some cases in which disabling the windows firewall did not help, but I had to explicitly allow the used ports in the firewall settings. Sounds crazy, but it happened.

If you want to try that too, I'd try the following ports first:

Web Servers and Remote Control
Server Ports: UDP port 5353 (used for device detection over mDNS), TCP port 52725 (used for the NI Network Browser utility), TCP port 3580 (web monitoring and configuration server port)

You'll find an overview list of ports NI uses here:

Configuring Software and Hardware Firewalls to Support National Instruments Products
http://www.ni.com/white-paper/12402/en/

Good Luck 🙂

Regards
Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,179 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lunarfur

Hello,

and again the problem was kind of "default": A part from Sophos Security blocked either access to the device our execution of the plugin. After disabling the complete security suite the remote panel was loading.

We will try in the next step to get more detailled info, so we can configure it correctly.

So thanks for your help. Thread can be closed!

Regards

andreas

Message 6 of 7
(3,143 Views)

Hi Andreas,

thank's for sharing your solution!

Regards

Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,129 Views)