From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Front Panel Issues

Hi there,

I'm working on a project for university and trying to utilise remote front panels. My main code will have a complex front panel and that is still being developed so for now I'm just trying to do some test with random number summation VI's to get the hang of the remote front panels. I've seen that people have had difficulty with using the remote front panel feature with Chrome but I can't access it with IE either. I have followed all of the steps in this link but have had no luck so far. The web page I get when I open up the HTML file is this.

Chrome

There's probably something very simple that I'm missing. Would the issue actually be with a plug-in or is it something different? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,731 Views)

Remote Front Panels no longer work in Chrome since they turned off support for NPAPI plugins/extensions.

For IE - you have an issue with the plugin. Do you have the appropriate run-time engine installed and the Remote Front Panel plugin?

You might also need to 'enable' the plugin once the page loads - is there a bar or some information at the top asking you if you want to run the plugin? (Also have a look in the settings to check the plugin is installed and not disabled - perhaps it might be an IT restriction?!)

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,708 Views)