LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Debug Problem

Hello,

I have a small debug problem with the "Profile Performance and Memory Window". An LabVIEW application is running on a remote machine, after some hours of working the program slows down. I think it is a memory problem, something (Array, Number, Buffer) gets bigger and bigger and slows down the code. The CPU usage increases and the Application RAM usage is more or less constant over the time.

When I connect with the debuger to the remote machine everything works fine. BUT if I open the Profile Performance and Memory Window, I see no subVIs, nothing! What did I wrong? 

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,459 Views)

"Profile Performance and Memory" probably does not support remote debug connection. The help does not say anything about it. (Suggestion posted for improving the documentation.)

The VIs are listed from a local application instance (probably "Main Application Instance"). And there no VI is open.

Work around:

Did you try any alternatives mentioned in the help dialog ("Desctop Execution Toolkit", listed in LV14). Since LV14 it is included in (many?) LabVIEW Development Installations. If you use an older version, you can install it anyway and use it in the trial period.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,393 Views)