From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinitialize Arrays to Default Values

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everybody,

I am working with a progam that can perform two different tess in sequence. After that, the program saves the values into arrays to be saved in a spreadsheet. Sometimes though, I only need to perform one test. However, my program includes in the spreadsheet the values of the one test I choose not to run by taking the values from the previous run. Is there a way to reinitialize arrays to empty?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,084 Views)

It is difficult to say without having a good understanding of what your code currently does. A picture says a thousand words; please post what you have so that you can get better davice.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,082 Views)

Thank you. Here is the code. The arrays I would like to reinitialize are the ones called DC Test Values and Pulse Test Values.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,077 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author christianwos

I didn't see the arrays you mentioned in the submitted code, but creating an empty array is simple -- put an Array constant on the block diagram and fill it with an element of the appropriate type.  For example, here is an empty array of Dbl:

Empty Array.png

Wire this wherever you need an Empty Array to appear.

BS

Message 4 of 7
(3,059 Views)

The simple solution is just to write an empty array to all of your test results when you start a test sequence.  Maybe add another state for sequence initialization.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 7
(3,056 Views)

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,037 Views)

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,036 Views)