LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular expression in case structure

Hi there you LabVIEW grooves!

I think it would be quite pleasant if a real RegExp could be written directly inside case structure's selectors, when using a string input.

For me that would save a great deal of coding, increase my code readability significantly, and in general - will finally encourage me to implement what I really intended in the first place rather than settling with what I can write in a reasonable time.

This can be extremely useful for decisions based on free-written input user data.

Hope to get a lobby on this one - maybe we can influence the next version!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,603 Views)
The right place would be to submit your request to the product suggestion center:

Good luck! 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,594 Views)
Nice Idea.  But I'm not sure you need to wait until the next version of Labview.   I believe this could be written as a VI.    Now you got me all cranked up thinking about this.  I won't get any sleep this weekend.   Thanks a heap! 🙂

eric
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,566 Views)
This is a feature I have wanted for a while without needing external vi.  I have been faking it out with using string ranges "AAA"..."AAZ" will work like the regular expression AA[A-Z]  works for very simple strings.
Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
Message 4 of 4
(3,500 Views)