LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular Expressions

Are Regular Epressions in Labview 7.1 different from the ones in labview 8. I wrote a VI that contained REGEX in LabView 8, which later needed to be reverted to 7.1 and now none of my regular expressions are picking up the correct strings. I am rewriting them based on the format listed in the labview 7.1 help which seems to be different than standard REGEX. My question is rather, since they seem to be different, when I take this code back to 8,will it still understand my 7.1 regular expressions?

Regards,
Ken
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,334 Views)

I assume you're referring to using the Match Regular Expression function?  This is a new function in 8.0, so naturally, if you save your VIs back to 7.1 they will probably not work the same (I'm not even sure what happens on the diagram when you do a Save for Previous on an 8.0 VI with a Match Regular Expression on its diagram).  But if you're referring to the Match Pattern function, it is different in regards to its syntax than Match Regular Expression, and the behavior of Match Pattern should not change between LabVIEW versions since it's been around for several LabVIEW versions.

-D

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,329 Views)