LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Region of Interest- ROI

I want to use optical character recognition to read the temperature from a digital thermometer. I get errors about the region of interest. I managed to load an image and convert it to grayscale for use. 

I attached a screenshot of my code. The error that comes up appears to be linked to the IMAQ read LCD tool saying that the ROI is faulty. How could I solve this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(2,886 Views)

connect imaq read to all imaq dst. What is the image format that you are trying to read? jpg, bmp ? attach your code

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(2,824 Views)

Thank you. I attached a screenshot of the relevant part of my code because the rest of it is quite large. I am trying to take a picture of a digital thermometer using a simple webcam. Im not sure what the default image type is.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(2,819 Views)

There's a VI to set ROI which'll pop up a copy of the image in which you can draw/mark the region. The output is a valid ROI.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(2,810 Views)

Could you possible give me more guidance as to how I could find this VI. I attached my code

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(2,789 Views)

Why are you using picture indicators rather than the image indicators, you obviously have IMAQ...

I have attached a modified .vi which is taking its ROI from your one image indicator. You will need to use the ROI tools (right side of the image indicator to define your ROI).

I cant run the VI as I don't have a camera attached. If you attache a sample image, further debugging will be easier.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(2,781 Views)

Thank you very much. Ill try it out later today and Ill let update the forum if it fixes the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(2,773 Views)

Would it be possible if you save it for labview version 2010 as this is the one I am using and it wont let me open the VI you sent

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(2,768 Views)
Message 9 of 14
(2,765 Views)

Thank you very much. Unfortunately the same 'Invalid ROI' error comes up

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(2,763 Views)