From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding DAQmx driver

Hi,

I am using Labview Student Edition 2014 and i dont have any NI hardware.

In that i already installed DAQmx driver and I need to see where DAQmx driver installed  ???  

Using DAQmx driver, can i connect my own hardware board.

Is it compulsory to have NI hardware connection with my own hardware ?? or any other possiblites

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,990 Views)
No, you cannot use DAQmx with your hardware and you've already been told this. You will have to write your own driver to connect to whatever physical interface that you are using. You previously said that your custom hardware connects via an Ethernet connection and you want to use tcp/ip. If you have changed your mind, explain what you want to do now. If you still want to use tcp/ip, then you have also been told where to find the LabVIEW examples. You will NOT find example code for your custom device here.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,983 Views)

Beacuse i am new to labview  - Can u show me the links or snapshots, where i can create new driver for my hardware.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,976 Views)
Unknown since you have not provided the details on your hardware. This has nothing to do with LabVIEW and I don't understand why you don't see that. You have, presumably, some micro on your device with a way to store and load a program. This program would probably be written in c.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,970 Views)

I have attached image of my hardware board .

My Hardware details:

Coupling - LAN, WLAN

4x digital input.

2x analog inputs........................

2x relays, output........................

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,957 Views)

Since you are using LAN, look at the examples in the LabVIEW Example Finder (Help->Find Examples) for the TCP/IP communications.  Since you are the only one who knows what the commands and responses are, you need to program this protocol.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,949 Views)
That sure looks like a board that you would have purchased and not designed. You need to contact the vendor to see what sort of api they provide. That's work that you need to do and should have done when you selected that board. You haven't even provided the name of the vendor so I don't understand what sort of help anyone here can provide.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,938 Views)

Board name is Embrick. We are updating the PLC to Labiew. So we need some help on Labiew. How to configure digital I/O, Analog I/O.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,935 Views)

@pradp123 wrote:

Board name is Embrick. We are updating the PLC to Labiew. So we need some help on Labiew. How to configure digital I/O, Analog I/O.

Then you need to go talk with the manufacturer of that board and ask them for the communications protocol.  There is nothing anybody can do without that.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,924 Views)
You've wasted s lot of time because of your very poor descriptions. If you had said it was third-party hardware (not 'my' hardware) and provided the manufacturer, we would have reached this point with your first post.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,916 Views)