LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh cursor value in a waveform graph

Hello, I am tryig to do a vi that can read PNRF files from perception and then it will analyze the data of the waveform, but I am having some problems with the reading of the data

After getting the waveform graph, I created an event of that waveform graph that would activate each time there is a cursor release, but it cannot work once the sequence reaches that point of the event.  I am working step by step on this vi, and after being able of having refreshed data I will do the same with a second cursor. Also, I cannot find the way to separate the waveformgraph channels into different displayed waveforms, is it because it is a waveform graph and not a waveform chart?

I am attaching the used vi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,279 Views)

I have simplified your vi just slightly. You dont need two while loops, two event structures, event structure timeout, sequence structure (read up on data flow using error terminals). I dont have access to the file you are reading so I have disabled that section with a simulated waveform.

As you can see the cleanup  has messed up your comments etc. sorry about that.

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
Message 2 of 3
(2,268 Views)

Thank you! it does work the way it was excpected and I can also add more cursors without any problems, but I still don't understand why the vi couldn't work. Was there some loop conflict because of the two while cycles or was it the even inside the event or...? I want to learn more about Labview and figure out what was my problem a while ago in the vi I created at first. 

Also, I didn't know about reading the data flow using the error terminals, thanks for that! oh and the comments doesn't matter, they were just to guide through the code

After doing the analysis, the next step will be to read the data directly from a HBM Genesis DAQ with the Active X of Perception and store that data, instead of just loading the PNRF file, tho it should be reading data from six different sources 50 waveforms per each sample, not exactly at the same time but I guess it can still work the same way with the event handler right?

Thanks for the help! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,248 Views)