cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference in waveform chart

Solved!
Go to solution

hi everyone!

im having some problems with my code. i cant put a reference line (or another function, like a reference sinusoid) in waveform chart, i tried putting a bundle, but i couldnt get it to work, the bundle does not wire in the waveform chart. i'd like the references to stay still and not move like in the picture.

the other thing is that im working with force control, and i want to save in an array 3 max force values (there will be 3 tasks of maximum force, and i want to save the 3 max values with 60s interval in between them, running the program only once), but it is not working.

some ideas, please? 🙂

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,881 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lizandra

To write multiple plots to your chart, you need an array of waveforms.  One waveform will be your reference.  You can make another for each of your max values.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 6
(3,849 Views)

hi! thanks for the answer!

i did thisvi.png

but it is still not working 😞 what should i do? i dont know what to wire in the Y in the build waveform.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,801 Views)

I was thinking something more like this:

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 6
(3,796 Views)

i did what you said, and it almost worked the way i wanted (but im getting close, so thank you so much)

this is what im seeing

chart.png

the reference is following the signal, and i wanted the reference to be there already, like this

chart2.png

any idea?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,789 Views)

Weill I did have an idea to just use two data points and a large "dt" and then presenting an empty Y array for the reference line ....

but...

The chart is misbehaving and time is running in reverse, dogs and cats living together...

It can be done using graph that is populateed with "NaN" for the "yet to be acquired" but before you go to that work and have to reinvent the chart...

Consider the benefits of what crosrulz showed you. Using that approach the refernce line can change "on the fly" which is a very desireable thng.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,778 Views)