LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recursive file list Vi does not seem to accept input folder path for sub folders or folders within subfolders

I am trying to list files based on a particular pattern which are contained in a sub- sub-folder. Apparently the recursive file list vi does not accept any input folder path other than the main or parent one. (C:\XXXX)
What's the way around this?

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,852 Views)

Can you write a tiny VI that shows what you are trying to do, and also provide an example of the file tree and the file argument you would like to use?  I'm not at all sure I understand the question that you are asking, but I'm certain that I could find a file "buried" somewhere in a directory tree using LabVIEW.

Oh, and post that VI, of course.  We can understand your question and problem much better when we see code.  [Do you know the proverb "A Picture is Worth 1000 Words"?  In LabVIEW terms, "A VI is worth 1000 Pictures".]

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,845 Views)
Bob, what I mean is that when I wire the folder input path with a path name such as C:\XXXX\YYYY\ZZZZ I get a file permissions error. The vi works only when I wire C:\XXXX to the folder path input of the recursive vi. The first folder path I stated exists for sure.

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,839 Views)

I'm still waiting for an attached VI.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,833 Views)
Oh I just found the problem. The folder path is void. The path is meant to be supplied by a vi that runs later on which was wasn't available

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,827 Views)