From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recreating oscilloscope on Labview

I've been putting together my own mini oscilloscope in a kit and I have not had any luck in soldering things in their proper places. (Due to a poor manual construction). So, I have resorted to Labview to simulate one.

Basically, I would like a VI that I can connect three channels to and read their output waves on one graph and be able to make different measurement adjustments such as amplitude and such.

Is there any standard VI already made for this that I can access or use?

Or how might I go about recreating one?

Thanks in advance.

-LilT

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,798 Views)

LabVIEW is just software. What are you planning to use for the A/D parts?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,777 Views)

USB ports I think. and i know its just a software, thanks for you pitful sacasum.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,773 Views)

A USB port does not do A/D.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,763 Views)

@Lilt wrote:

USB ports I think. and i know its just a software, thanks for you pitful sacasum.

For future reference, you might want ot consider learning how to spell: "pitiful sarcasm"

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,729 Views)

@Lilt wrote:

There was no sarcasm.  He was serious.  What device(s) do you plan to use to sample your waveforms?  You have to plug a device into your USB port in order to get your samples.  This greatly affects the software you could possibly write.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,722 Views)
Reported this user for inappropriate useof the forum. Obviously just a troll.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,712 Views)
But no one will ever help you with that sort of attitude.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,703 Views)