From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording time to File

Hi,
The aim of my vi is to take the time between successive switches being broken/made. (characterised by an increase above a threshold volatge)
I am trying to use the get time/date to give me the time at which the events occur I can then manipulate this data in excel.
In this vi I am taking readings for whenever this characteristic is true to give me a set of data.
However it is unable to record propely, is there something very obvious that I am doing wrong?

Another issue I have which I am currently try to bypass by using excel, is that I only want to record the first time/date value. Is this possible?
This would eliminate the need for excel altogether. 

Is anybody able to help me?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,328 Views)

which time are you using?

unable to see your VI ( having 2009 )

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,319 Views)

I have attached a screen shot of the vi.
I am using get time/date in seconds. However reading some of the posts on here I dont think this will be accurate enough as I am looking for microseconds timing.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,314 Views)

you cannot get microsecond timing on windows ( and your DAQ read function , conversion to DDT and write to spreadsheet file would not give you microsecc)

You can directly use get date time string but it will give you only sec

Message 4 of 8
(2,310 Views)

Would there be any way to do this.
I have put together the crudest of programs which uses DAQ assistants. Which simply gets data and records it.
If export data to excel then I can get the sort of accuracy I would like if I read off of the graph.

Have you got any pointers.
Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,307 Views)

You lose the timing information when you convert to the dynamic datatype.

Each waveform acquisition returns a t0 value which you can use.

For the microsecond accuracy you are looking for, I would recommend doing a fixed rate acquisition instead of the point by point in a loop method.

Message 6 of 8
(2,296 Views)

I have attempted to use a known sample rate etc to get the data.
I have attached the vi in an earlier version of labview if this helps.
I have taken out the convert to dynamic data, but I am struggling to extract the data from the waveform data.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,286 Views)

I think you want Get Waveform Time Array.

It's on the Waveform palette.

Maybe in combination with a Get Waveform Component to grab the data.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,283 Views)