From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording data in System Time

I'm writing a program to record lab data, and instead of time in seconds starting from 0, I want to have data points recorded by system or computer time so I can compare the data from two or more computers once it's all been recorded in excel. 

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,733 Views)

Have you looked at the Timing functions?  The ones called Get Date/Time do (here's the Big Surprise ...) Get Date/Time.  If you look at the Help, you will see their default behavior is to return the current Date and Time.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,721 Views)

I am using the write to measurement file express vi, and those do not provide the date in the proper data type to put into the signal input. 

Is there a way to convert the time data to the proper data type?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,697 Views)

Did you notice that Write to Measurement File has a setting to have Time saved as Absolute (rather than Relative) Time?

Bob Schor

P.S. -- you will get help much quicker by posting code and being clear as to the real problem.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,655 Views)
The express VI saves data in a very specific format and is difficult to change The t0 should be the actual start time. Try Export Waveforms to File or create your own format with Write to Spreadsheet or the lower level Write to Text File.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,651 Views)