From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconstructing signal from FFT

Well, clear as mud i would say.

My biggest concern is: What do those 10 averaged values tell us?

Or to turn the question around: What is it what you are looking for? How should your resulting time signal look like?

What i see is:

40k Samples => FFT with 40k values => Average to a single scalar (sum/40k) => Build an array of 10 such averaged values => inverse FFT => ??????????????

So the time signal will result in something with 10 samples.....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 11 of 12
(529 Views)

What i see is:

40k Samples => FFT with 40k values => Average to a single scalar (sum/40k) => Build an array of 10 such averaged values => inverse FFT => ??????????????

No Norbert it is not what i'm intending to do

i wanted 

40k Samples => FFT with 40k values => Collect 10 sets of such 40k samples => average them element wise so that finally i m left with 40k scalar values of which each element is a average of corresponding 10 elements => inverse fft

and i tried a little bit of coding and i m now successfully getting what i wanted. I just had to average out 10 stances of waveform graphs (of i second each)

Thank u all for responding

I am actually working on Fluid structure interactions, so i want to see how the pipe vibrates with respect to speed of fluid in it. 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(520 Views)